Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Early Arrival???

Well, Chris and I had another Dr's appointment today. I gained 2 pounds which the Dr was still very happy with. That makes a total of 17 now. My blood pressure was still great and the baby's heartbeat was still nice and strong and healthy sounding. Now, on to the interesting news. The Dr doesn't think I'm going to make it that much longer....possibly another 2 weeks or so. The baby has dropped significantly and is "engaged in the pelvis". In other words, she's way the heck down there. There are several other things going on which makes it also evident that I won't probably be going another 5 weeks. I also had my first touch of contractions this afternoon on the way to the Dr. which was just great feeling. So, things are going a little faster than any of us anticipated. I have to go back again next week for another check. He said that if things start progressing quicker, he will just put me in the hospital and go from there. This is all kind of a shock to me, so I'm a little bit nervous about it all right now. I'm sure things will be fine, but it's still a little scary. Anyway, here's today's tummy pic!!!


No comments: