Saturday, June 7, 2008

Why I dislike Albert Pujols

Ok, so, since everyone in my family has been waiting for this blog post for sooooo long :) I decided it was time to sit down and tell you all about my dislike for Albert Pujols. I know I'll probably make enemies by saying this, but hey, it's a blog, it's my opinion...so here goes. Ok, for starters, I will not deny that he is a great baseball player, BUT, that doesn't mean he has to get treated sooooo special. If he makes a base running error, runs through signals or anything else he might do wrong...it's just fine and dandy. No one gets upset, no ones says "what the heck was he thinking?" NOOOOOO, because it's Albert Pujols. Any other player does that stuff and their criticized for it for the whole blasted game. Hence, reason #1. Also, I don't really buy into that "he's so great of a person" stuff that everyone always says. I think he likes to make people THINK he's that great so he can get more of the limelight. Hence, reason #2. Another thing, everyone says he isn't money hungry, well, yeah right. You can't tell me if they offered him less money he would stick around...I don't buy that one bit. He just wants people to think he's in it because he "loves the game". Come on, he wants money. Therefore, reason #3. Ok, well that about covers it....I just don't like him. There ya go!! I'm sure there will be some comments back on this one...so go ahead and let me hear it!

2 comments:

BradS said...

Are you sure you're not a closet Cubs fan? Because you sound a lot like a Cubs fan!

Brandon said...

Now you've done it. You've cursed the Cardinals and now Pujols is hurt. Thanks a lot. Actually, I'm not that big of a fan either. He just doesn't hustle to first base like he used to. And, I hate the way he flips his bat when he gets walked. Too cocky for me. Let's just hope that Ludwick keeps playing like he is.