Tuesday, February 24, 2009

3 Week Old Dr Visit

Maddie is 3 weeks old today! I can't believe how time is flying with her. She has been the best little baby anyone could ask for. She is definately awake more during the days now and she is more aware of her surroundings. She follows her mommy and daddy's faces and really pays attention. She stares at books when we read them to her as well.
We took her to the Pediatrician yesterday for her check up. She now weighs 7 lbs 4 1/2 oz and is 19 1/2 inches long. She has really been packing the weight on lately. The Dr said that he's very happy with her progress and weight gain. He said that I no longer have to set the alarm every 3 hours during the night to feed her and to just let her feed when hungry during the night. Last night was the first night of trying this routine and I must say I was VERY impressed. I know I shouldn't brag too much, but I fed her at 12:30am and she slept solid until 5am. I fed her again then and she slept some more until 8:30am. I couldn't have been happier and it felt magnificent to actually get a little more sleep. We'll see what tonight will bring but at least we had one good night!!





No comments: